Badger State Shootout 125 touching 30 entries for this Saturday
Wednesday, August 1, 2018
8/1/2018 Wisconsin Dells, WI
This Saturday night, August 4th, 29 of the best Super Late Models in the Midwest will converge to do battle for 125 laps around the action packed 1/3rd mile. The Badger State Shootout 125 is Round 4 of the Alive for 5 Super Late Model Series.
The first 3 races have been some of the best short track races of the year. Round 1 was the ICEBREAKER 100 where we seen NASCAR Driver, Ty Majeski, get the win over a stacked field of drivers. Round 2 was the Trickle 99. That race we seen Mike Lichtfeld and Dalton Zehr battle for the lead the last 2 laps with Dalton Zehr getting the checkered flag. Round 3, the Dairyland 100, was just as exciting. Jonathan Eilen gave Dennis Prunty a bump coming to the white flag to get underneath and went on to win.
Round 4 will be this Saturday and will feature a 125 lap Super Late Model race plus 4 other division. There will be a pit stop at lap 75 on the infield pit road where teams can re-fuel and make adjustments for the final 50 laps.
Ty Majeski is one of the drivers that entered for this race. He won the ICEBREAKER 100 in dominating fashion and has pretty much earned himself the reputation of being able to win anywhere he goes. He is driving in the NASCAR Xfinity Series for FORD Racing on a part time basis this year. He will be racing at Road America on Saturday in an IMSA car. It will be a timed race that will get done at 5:00pm. He is going to hop on a plane from Sheboygan and rush over to Dells Raceway where his team will have his #91 Super Late Model waiting for the young star.
Travis Sauter will also be making his return to DRP this Saturday night. Travis has won some of the biggest races at DRP and will be coming back after a year hiatus. He will also be joined by nephew, Michael Sauter.
Austin Nason will lead a group of Illinois drivers looking to get their first win at Dells Raceway Park in the Alive for 5 Series. Nason has had a break out year in the Midwest Tour already collecting 2 wins and is the current point leader of the tour. Michael Bilderback, Jim Olson, and Brandon Hill will also be making the drive.
Dan Fredrickson is the lone Minnesota driver planning to race in the 125 lap event. Dan is one of the fiercest Super Late Model drivers in the country. Let's see if he can win one of the crown jewels at Dells Raceway.
Current point leader Dennis Prunty is set to return. Dennis is no stranger to victory lane. He has won at the Dells in previous years and already has wins at Slinger and WIR in 2018. He is being stalked by Skylar Holzhausen, 2nd in points. Skylar has had some hard luck but is always one of the fastest cars. Will Skylar break that streak and go to victory lane?
The Alive for 5 Super Late Model Series is a 5 race series at Dells Raceway Park. It begins with the Icebreaker and ends with the Falloween. The points are calculated by your best 4 points nights out of 5, with 1 throwaway or mulligan.
Tickets are just $15 for Adults. Students/Seniors $13. Kids 9 & Under are always FREE!
Time Trials at 4:30 and Racing at 6:00.
For more info or to pre-order tickets visit www.dellsracewaypark.com
29 Entries as of 8-1-18
Car Driver Hometown
1. 1B Abe Bires Mauston, WI
2. 1S Michael Sauter West Salem, WI
3. 2S Tod Stenson Wisconsin Dells, WI
4. 5H Jeff Holmgren Jr East Troy, WI
5. 5T Travis Sauter Prairie du Sac, WI
6. 8W Josh Wallace Genoa City, WI
7. 9K Derek Kraus Stratford, WI
8. 11K Bobby Kendall Montello, WI
9. 12S Terry Schoppenhorst Berlin, WI
10. 14N Austin Nason Roscoe, IL
11. 15S Gabe Sommers Plover, WI
12. 17B Michael Bilderback Rockford, IL
13. 22G M.G Gajewski Wausau, WI
14. 24O Jim Olson Harvard, IL
15. 25S Jeff Storm East Troy, WI
16. 31J Corey Jankowski Tomah, WI
17. 34H Brandon Hill Woodstock, IL
18. 36F Dan Fredrickson Lake Field, MN
19. 38D Jordan DeVoy Lake Geneva, WI
20. 39M Andrew Morrissey Deforest, WI
21. 42P Dennis Prunty Lomira, WI
22. 44L Mike Lichtfeld Portage, WI
23. 51S Dennis Schmidt Juneau, WI
24. 63R Thayran Rezin Tomah, WI
25. 71E Mark Eswein Wisconsin Rapids, WI
26. 78H Skylar Holzhausen Bangor, WI
27. 91M Ty Majeski Seymour, WI
28. 99Z Jake Zellmer Burlington, WI
29. 119 Dalton Zehr Menomonee, MI